2.26.2010

The Human Shuffle

"I spent about 30 minutes on Friday night on Chatroulette (very NSFW). You push the start button and you're instantly in a video chat with some random person. During my session, the average "chat" lasted about 5 seconds and I observed several people drinking malt liquor, two girls making out, many many guys who disconnected as soon as they saw I wasn't female, several girls who disconnected after seeing my face (but not before I caught the looks of disgust on theirs), 3 couples having sex, and 11 erect penises. In a Malkovichian moment, I was even connected to myself once...and then the other me quickly disconnected. In short, Chatroulette is pretty much the best site going on the internet right now."
- Jason Kottke




Click fullscreen to see full conversation. This is a six minute video about Chat Roulette by Alex & Brett. If you wanna try if for your self go www.chatroulette.com (very NSFW) If you want to read more before you try, Sam Anderson has a nice article in New York magazine about Chatroulette.

1 comment:

jimoerike said...

I haven't really belly laughed for quite some time now, since my mother passed a year ago last April. This was so funny watching the responses of the other chat roulette members expressions & verbal comments had me rolling, thanks for this..